KAUAI'S BEST Top 10 Tours
Float down ditches and through tunnels carved in the Kauai mountainsFrom $149 /per person
The island's most traditional, historic luau in a tropical paradise settingFrom $133.7 /per person
Doors Off Helicopter
Id placerat tacimates definitionem sea, prima quidam vim no. Duo nobis persecuti cu.From $324 /per person
Secret Falls Kayak
Kayak the Wailua River to the trailhead, then hike to a beautiful jungle waterfallFrom $142 /per person
Thrilling descents down 30 foot and 60 foot waterfalls!From $223.83 /per person
Kipu Ranch ATV Tours
Take turns driving these multi-seat ATV's as you drive through Jurassic Park sceneryFrom $211.9 /per person
Na Pali Dinner Sail
Sightseeing the Na Pali Coast, with dinner, sailing, and sunset over the oceanFrom $115 /per person
Waimea Canyon Bike Tour
Visit overlooks then coast downhill 13 miles from the canyon rim all the way to the beachFrom $137 /per person
KAUAI - The Garden Island
The northern-most island in the chain of the Main Hawaiian Islands. the Garden Island of Kauai has been sculpted over eons of time to make it arguably "The Most Beautiful Island in the World." The cliffs and spires of the Na Pali Coast ... countless waterfalls ... tropical vegetation that seems like it is growing on steroids ... the Garden Island lives up to its name.
View Tours By Category:
KAUAI ... is known as the "garden island" because it has the wettest climate and is the most lush of all of the Hawaiian islands. It is the oldest island so over eons of time the wind and rain have sculpted the landscape into some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. From the pinnacles of the Na Pali Coast to the deeply carved valleys of Waimea Canyon, the island will blow you away with its beauty.
DON'T MISS THIS
Helicopter tours are very popular here, as there is no other way to see the remote, rugged interior and the isolated coastlines. The summit of Mt. Waialeale is the wettest spot on the face of the earth, averaging 480 inches of rain a year. All that water carves its way down the cliffs forming countless waterfalls of every size and shape imaginable. A helicopter tour of this island is our highest recommendation; we just can't imagine spending thousands of dollars to come to Kauai on vacation and not spending the extra $300 or so to see this magnificent place from the air. Eventually all that water finds its way to the lowland streams. The Wailua River is the only navigable waterway in the Hawaiian islands; another of our favorite tours takes you by kayak up the river with a hike to a secluded secret waterfall.
MOST UNIQUE ADVENTURE
Mountain Tubing through the ditches and tunnels that were carved over 100 years ago to channel water from the rain forest to the thirsty sugar cane plantations that once thrived here. This tour is extremely popular (especially in the summertime) and is often sold out WEEKS in advance!
Another must-do event is to experience the rugged cliffs, sea caves, waterfalls, and towering spires of the Na Pali Coast. We offer a wide range of tours to this wilderness ... ocean rafting, sea kayaking, sailing catamaran, sunset cruises ... and of course helicopter tours fly over this area as well.
Kauai also has a variety of great zipline tours, ATV adventures, luaus ... you really can do it all on this amazing island!
- Kauai is the fourth-largest Hawaiian island.
- It is the least populated of the state's four counties with roughly 62,000 residents.
- The island is 33 miles long and 25 miles wide.
- There are three major resort areas. 1. Poipu (south shore) is the driest and sunniest area 2. Kapaa on the east side has central access to both sides of the island and 3. Hanalei / Princeville (north shore) is wetter but very beautiful.
- The island's main airport is in Lihue and the airport code is LIH.
- Kauai is a favorite destination for Hollywood filmmakers; everything from South Pacific and Blue Hawaii to Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Descendants ... even the animated cartoon South Park had an episode based here!
- Kauai was the only island never conquered by King Kamehameha the Great. Instead, a treaty was negotiated allowing Kauai's ruler to remain in power until his death in 1810.
- Kauai had its own dialect in ancient times; they pronounced K like T ... so the original pronunciation was Tauai. No one knows what it means.
- Wild chickens are found all over this island; rumor states they were involuntarily released from a chicken farm destroyed by Hurricane Iniki in 1992. It has more to do though with the lack of natural predators as this island doesn't have mongoose. For the same reason Nene, the state bird, continues to thrive here.